Quick Links:
>short-term rentals > faq
  CB South Community
  CB South Living &
New Owner Info
  Parks & Rec
  Local Cams, Weather & More . . .
  Short-Term Rental Info
  Bus Schedule (RTA)
  CB South POA
  Rules & Regs
  Dues & Payment Info.
  Online Payments
  POA Office Closures
  Emergency Planning

Short-Term Rentals Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Short-Term rental? A Short-Term rental is the rental of a residential unit or dwelling unit for monetary consideration for a period of time less than thirty (30) consecutive days, not including a bed and breakfast, hotel or other commercial facility. This definition does not include offering the use of one’s property where no fee is charged or collected. A Short-Term rental includes, but is not limited to, rental of a garage apartment, an entire residence, or a single bedroom.

Are CB South POA permits and licenses required as a pre-requisite to having a Short-Term rental? It will be necessary to obtain a Short-Term Rental Permit and a completed/signed Short-Term Rental affidavit . No Business License is required to rent a property as a Short-Term rental in unincorporated Gunnison County.

If I swap my house for another home elsewhere and no money is exchanged, do I need a short term rental permit? The offering of the use of one’s home where no fee is charged or collected is exempt from any permitting. You are responsible, however, for educating your exchange partner on the rules and regulations of the subdivision.

Who may apply for a Short-Term Rental Permit? All permits shall be issued only to the owner of the property.

Will I need to have my home inspected? No, the property owner will complete and sign a Short-Term Rental affidavit in place of an inspection.

What is a “designated responsible party?” A designated responsible party is a person located in the local area who will be available to immediately respond to any issues arising from the Short-Term rental of the property, whether it is from the rental party, public safety personnel, utility personnel or any other municipal party.

What are the requirements for a Short-Term Rental Permit? The requirements are enumerated in the Covenants and Restrictions, Residential Design Guidelines and the Rules and Regulations that govern Crested Butte South. Additionally, a list of the Requirements will need to be met prior to the issuance of a permit.

Can I be fined for violations by my guests? Yes, owners are responsible for renter’s compliance with the rules and regulations of the Association and can be levied a fine for non-compliance of any and all policies’ that govern Crested Butte South.

For additional questions regarding Short-Term rentals, please contact the Association Manager for the Crested Butte South Property Owners Association at 970-349-1162.

CB South Property Owners Association :: Dom Eymere, Manager
Office: (970) 349-1162 Fax: (970) 349-1163
Office Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
61 Teocalli Road, Crested Butte, Colorado 81224